Encourage your employees to think of their future and plan for retirement. Staff will appreciate that they have a superannuation plan working for them that will optimise their payout on retirement.
Offering additional super can also be an incentive that encourages and rewards loyalty and service from your employees. Here are some other benefits that you can offer employees through our employer plans:
You can provide your employees with the opportunity to seek advice on their superannuation requirements from our professional advisors. Personal consultations may include things like salary sacrifice strategies, investing an inheritance, redundancy and retirement advice. Find out more about getting financial advice.
Consolidating superannuation funds
Employees with money spread across multiple funds may be paying unnecessary fees and charges. Consolidation can save your employees time and money. 1 We can help your employees bring together their multiple superannuation accounts.
Flexible insurance options
Insurance through super can be a cost effective way for employees to protect themselves in case the unexpected happens. Life insurance and income protection can be accessed quite cheaply through our superannuation plans.
Employees that contribute a part of their pre tax salary directly to their superannuation can reduce the overall tax they pay. This is because they are taxed at just 15% on contributions rather than their marginal tax rate. Every dollar contributes to their retirement nest egg.
Your employees maybe able set up a spouse superannuation account into which both partners can make contributions.
Review your options
Things you should know
- 1.There is no charge for accepting any rollovers, however before requesting the rollover it is a good idea to check with your other fund to determine whether there are any exit fees for moving your benefit, or other loss of benefits (e.g. insurance cover).
- BT Funds Management Limited ABN 63 002 916 458 is the trustee of the BT Lifetime Super Employer Plan and is the issuer of interests in the Fund. A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) is available for the Fund and can be obtained by calling 132 135, downloading the BT Lifetime Super Employer Plan Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 600kb), or visiting a BT Investor Centre. You should obtain and consider the PDS before deciding whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of interests in the Fund.
- Westpac Securities Administration Limited ABN 77 000 049 47 is the trustee of the BT Business Super and is the issuer of interests in the Fund. A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) is available for the Fund and can be obtained by calling 132 135, downloading the BT Business Super Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 600kb), or visiting a BT Investor Centre. You should obtain and consider the PDS before deciding whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of interests in the Fund.
- Investments in BT Business Super or BT Lifetime Super Employer Plan are not deposits or other liabilities of the Bank or any other member of the Westpac Group. They are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment and loss of income and principal invested. Neither the Bank nor any other member of the Westpac Group guarantees the capital value or performance of these investments or the assets of BT Business Super except as specified in the information brochure.
- A Financial Services Guide for BT Business Super can be obtained by downloading here, calling 1300 553 010, visiting www.btonline.com.au or from any Westpac branch.
- You can download the Financial Services Guide for BT Lifetime Super Employer Plan (PDF 73kb) or obtain a copy by calling 1300 553 010, visiting www.bt.com.au or from any Westpac branch.