Dividend payment information
Dividends are announced on the release of the Interim and Full Year Results and paid twice a year, in July and December. Actual dates are listed in the financial calendar.
Dividend payment options
For shareholders with a registered address in Australia or New Zealand:
- Direct deposit to a nominated bank or financial institution
- Participation, on a partial or full basis, in the Dividend Reinvestment Plan
- No cheque payments will be made.
United Kingdom - Shareholders with a registered UK address receive dividends via direct credit to a nominated bank or financial institution in Australia (for Australian currency payments) or the United Kingdom (for Great British pound payments).
Shareholders with a registered address outside Australia, New Zealand or the United Kingdom have 2 options:
- Direct deposit if you have a nominated account in Australia, New Zealand or the United Kingdom or
- An Australian currency cheque mailed to your registered address.
Dividend payment options for American Depository Receipts (ADRs)
Need to change your dividend elections?
Changes to dividend payments can be made through Westpac’s share register service provider, Link Market Services. See their contact details and instructions in Manage your shareholding.
Dividend payment statements
Copies of your dividend payment statements can be downloaded via the Link's Investor Centre.
- Shareholders who’ve opted for email communications will be notified when the statement is available for download
- Shareholders who have elected to receive communications by mail will receive a copy of the statement to the registered postal address
- Changes to communication options can be made through the Link's Investor Centre.
Haven’t received your dividend payment?
- Contact Westpac’s share registry service provider, Link Market Services to check your details, make any enquiries about payments and manage your shareholdings
- Dividends may not have been received if bank account details are incorrect or updated details were not provided prior to the dividend record date
- Dividends not paid on the appropriate date due to unknown shareholder bank account details are held by Link Market Services. Note that monies held do not accrue interest.
Information about unclaimed dividends
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) holds dividends valued at $500 or more that have not been claimed in 3 years - this is known as unclaimed monies.
Carry out an unclaimed monies search on ASIC's website to see if you have any unclaimed money. If you find that you do have unclaimed money relating to Westpac dividends then contact Westpac's share registrar, Link Market Services to make a claim.
To stop dividends from becoming unclaimed ensure your shareholding details are correct, including your current registered postal address, email address and bank account details. Manage and update your shareholding via Link’s Investor Centre.